Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Tramlines of Fribourg

More photos from our visit to Fribourg, the best-preserved medieval town in Switzerland. Other than the fountains that I covered in the last post, the old town is chock-a-block with pretty churches and palaces and other historic buildings. A photographer's paradise?  Not really... try and take photos of these places and tram lines get in the way. Tram lines are everywhere in the old town. I fully understand the eco benefits of electric trams, but couldn't the dudes find some other solution?  I tried every angle to try and avoid the lines, and finally gave up in frustration. I decided to photograph the tram lines instead, using the historic sights as mere backdrop. I decided this post would be about tram lines. I suppose, two hundred years from now, even the tram lines will be considered a part of the history of Fribourg.