Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Office Romance at XYZ-Cheeposoft -3

Eric - King amongst Coders (self appointed)
Gwendolyn - C++ Queen (also self appointed)

Gwen is Eric’s Consort-Designate. In his fervid imagination. Gwen has other ideas.
Scene 3: Post Deep Purple rock concert. Dropping Gwen home.

Gwen : That was a fun evening!

Eric : Yes it was, especially when we used your palm pilot to hack into Jon Lord’s keyboard.

Gwen : And we made it play ‘Stormbringer’ when the rest of the band was playing ‘Sweet child in time’

Eric : I think they are going to have a stormy post-gig meeting today

Gwen : Wanna come up for a coffee and see my new PC?

Eric : Cool! What is it?

Gwen : Columbian Washed Arabica

Eric : I mean the PC.

Gwen : It’s a Core2 Quad at 2 Ghz with 10 GB RAM running Vista Premium

Eric : That’s nothing. I have baby at home with eight UltraSparc IV processors and 20 GB RAM running Solaris 10.

Gwen : Oh yes? Well my other computer is a Grid Supercomputer with 20 Linux Boxes on a fiber network

Eric : What do you want something like that for?

Gwen : I am simulating the mating behavior of seagulls using a Genetic Algorithm

Eric : That’s nothing. I am simulating an entire planet on my Ultra Sparc using the Ant Hill Algorithm

Gwen : I didn’t tell you about my next project. I’m planning to the use the can-o-worms algorithm to simulate the convoluted working of your brain

Eric : No need to get personal

Gwen : Well, Goodnight!

Eric : What about that coffee?

Gwen : What do you thing this place is? Starbucks? Grab a cup at the diaper shop around the corner.

Eric : I see…OK, I’ll get along…

Gwen : Good!

Eric : Aren’t you forgetting something?

Gwen : What?

Eric : You know…

Gwen : Don’t tell me you’re expecting a Good Night kiss, after acting like a pig.

Eric : No, aren’t you giving my Geek-Speak T-Shirt back?

Gwen : Good Night!!

Door slams in Erics' face.

© Poltu